Sunday, July 5, 2009

NICU

Braden was born 3:20am on July 3, 2009

When he came out of the wound the doctor noticed 2 things. 1) He had a lot of black hair 2) His chord was tied in a full knot.

When they saw the knot they rushed him to the NICU where they put him on a breathing machine and put some fluid in his blood stream.   While they were monitoring him  I ask the nurse "What would have happened if we would have had him at home and not at the hospital?"  She told me that he would have problems the rest of his life but since they noticed right away no damage was done. Two hours later he was just fine.  Thank heaven for modern medicine.

[caption id="attachment_12" align="alignnone" width="225" caption="Braden in the NICU on the breathing machine"]Braden in the NICU on the breathing machine[/caption]

3 comments:

Beth said...

So glad to hear that all is well. And so excited for you that he is finally here!

Tara said...

Brittany and Brett,
He is adorable and we are glad everything is ok. That's quite a scare! Now if I could get my hubby to move back to Utah Braden and Blake could be best little friends. Congrats again, and get some sleep when you can!

Sharee Poyfair said...

Hey Britt, I just found your blog through Ashley's - guess what?? My little boy was born on July 9th so our little boys are only 6 days apart - crazy! It was fun to get your Christmas card - we can be blogging buddies since I also have a blog: http://www.poyfairpastimes.blogspot.com/ - anyway, just thought I would make a comment and say hi!